Re: Wow! NoGall Really Exposed

"J Antero" <JAntero45@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ArKLg.7485$bM.6170@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've built my own in the past. In July, I was thinking about building a
new one and did a little research on the best cpu per dollar. One of the
PC mags had a page up that showed test results and the best mundane
office/home cpu's in that regard, were the athlon 64 3000+ or intel
pentium 4 630. Both are cheap.

I guess both are 64's, and when NoGall said they were not common, I just
had to smile.

One thing to credit NoCompetence with: he's consistent.

Yep. And he is too old to change.

AMD dropped prices drastically in August, after the debut of Intel's Conroe.

My CPU dropped by half.

  • Re: Wow! NoGall Really Exposed
    ... :> I've built my own in the past. ... :> new one and did a little research on the best cpu per dollar. ... :AMD dropped prices drastically in August, after the debut of Intel's Conroe. ... Tiglet - the other, stupider white meat. ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • Re: ITX based SFF system build info?
    ... I have a system built around the VIA M1000 (C3 Nehemiah CPU) that was ... at the stage of being a handy little linux desktop that can also be used ... The Tranquil products appear to be based around off-the-shelf intel ATOM ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: ITX based SFF system build info?
    ... I have a system built around the VIA M1000 (C3 Nehemiah CPU) that was ... VIA chips don't support the full 80686 instruction set, ... The Tranquil products appear to be based around off-the-shelf intel ATOM ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Is it possible to make -lpthread program to use 100% CPU?
    ... > Could you turn off Hyperthreading and report any changes? ... I have turned off hyperthreading and got result, which muddles me rather -- try ... shows that both KSE are bound to CPU 0. ... Program, built with -lthr, maxed CPU for two threads and more with consistent ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Req suggestions for a new MB....requirements listed.
    ... but I have NO idea of what type mother board to ... Built in LAN would be nice but not a deal breaker, ... going to the CPU I don't know when I'll be able to upgrade the video ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)