Re: Poor Israel.
- From: "William Black" <william.black@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:33:48 +0100
"Michael W Cook" <mwcook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Five days ago the US Government called for Israel to show:
That was completely ignored and they are clearly out of control.
But why does the whole world sit by and do or say nothing ?
1. The Palestinian/West Bank/Gaza government seems to be in the business of
kidnapping people and holding them to ransom. The US government (who are
the only people with any influence over Israel) doesn't like that.
2. Islamic terrorists just blew half of Bombay to bits a few weeks after
the US did a deal with India. India is currently screaming blue murder about
that well known US ally Pakistan sponsoring terrorist training camps on the
Indian border, and India and Pakistan are both nuclear powers.
3. Afghanistan just blew up into a full scale insurrection with attacks on
the Afghan army and British soldiers coming home in boxes from that
4. Last week it became horribly apparent that the July 7th bombers were
part of a large international conspiracy and not just disenchanted kids as
we'd all been told.
5. All the aforementioned outfits are provably, to most people's
satisfaction, 'joined up' on some level beyond the trivial.
In other words, any Muslim who does so much as drop a peppermint wrapper
on the street for the next couple of months is fair game for a reasonably
large number of heavily armed men because they've managed to offend just
about everyone who isn't a Muslim in the past few weeks...
Israel has, almost by accident, found herself on the side of the angels.
If the Afghan gunmen, the mad bombers in Bombay and the al Quada video
editors had kept their collective heads down you'd probably see another UN
resolution and loads of heavyweight diplomacy to try and stop the Israelis
blowing the shit out of anyone they feel less than charitably inclined
towards, but in the current circumstances, not a chance...
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Barbeques on fire by the chalets past the castle headland
I watched the gift shops glitter in the darkness off the Newborough gate
All these moments will be lost in time, like icecream on the beach
Time for tea.
- Prev by Date: Re: Poor Israel.
- Next by Date: Re: Medieval Silver Smelting
- Previous by thread: Re: Poor Israel.
- Next by thread: Re: Poor Israel.