Re: Prison Records
- From: singhals <singhals@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 08:34:11 -0700 (PDT)
Family lore has it that prior to WWI my grandfather did a short
stint in prison.
He was working for the Post Office and got caught stealing stamps.
Would anyoine have any idea where I might be able to locate these
First, WHERE was the PO he worked for? NYC, Sheboygan, or Lower
Find the Federal Court nearest that PO, and check their dockets for
the surname (The US vs HISNAMEHERE). Now, check the local, hometown
newspaper beginning with the date on the docket and going back until
you find a mention. Now, work forward from the docket date in the
same newspaper to find out more about the trial and which prison he
Some of this will be on LDS Microfilm, some won't. Once you have a
location, www.familysearch.org and select LIBRARY and then LIBRARY
CATALOG and search for the locality.
- Prev by Date: Re: Reports post-processed via a wordprocessor
- Next by Date: Re: Reports post-processed via a wordprocessor
- Previous by thread: Prison Records
- Next by thread: Re: Prison Records