Re: FamilySearch.org now has wiki, forums

FamilySearch.org has wiki, forums now.

"James W Anderson" <jander7@xxxxxxxxxxx>

...I'm not so certain that's a good thing....

D. Stussy <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Nice thing about a wiki, is that it's a real-time manifestation of
the peer review process. Bad entries are improved, good entries
are improved, and vandalism is evident and easily corrected.

Dave Hinz

Uhhh, but whether one used a wiki or a guest book or something else
instead, the question of the necessity of the duplicative content
remains?

Cheryl Singhals <singhals@xxxxxxxxx>

Please explain why you think Wiki's duplicate content is any
different from the countless duplications that already exist.

  • Re: FamilySearch.org now has wiki, forums
    ... Bad entries are improved, good entries ... but whether one used a wiki or a guest book or something else ... Cheryl Singhals ... Please explain why you think Wiki's duplicate content is any ...
    (soc.genealogy.methods)
  • Re: FamilySearch.org now has wiki, forums
    ... is that it's a real-time manifestation of ... the peer review process. ... Bad entries are improved, good entries ... but whether one used a wiki or a guest book or something else ...
    (soc.genealogy.methods)
  • Re: FamilySearch.org now has wiki, forums
    ... Nice thing about a wiki, is that it's a real-time manifestation of ... the peer review process. ... Bad entries are improved, good entries ...
    (soc.genealogy.methods)
  • Re: How does VTAM handle duplicate MODEENT names in a logmode table?
    ... and is required to be in the ISTINCLM module for EE. ... IBM's current version has fewer than 100 entries. ... ISTINCLM load module was missing. ... when I assembled the source I got some duplicate labels. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: link to Vectrex Games Database is dead?
    ... reproducing this site somehow on my Vectrex wiki that I would only ... This would be best to only have one or two big entries for all the ... for all games, one for games pages on the wiki that are already ... probably work with a tabber to reveal the contents. ...
    (rec.games.vectrex)