Re: calculating age 1790-1820

> > I hope someone will have the time and patience to explain to me how
> > to calculate ages from charts such as this.
> >
> > 1790 census this man was in the over 16 age group
> > born before 1774
> >
> > 1800 census this man was in age group 26-45
> > born 1755-1774
> >
> > 1810 census this man was in age group 45 and up so he was
> > born before 1765
> >
> > 1820 census this man was in age group over 45 so he was
> > born before 1775
> >
> > 1830 census this man was in age group 60-70 so he was
> > born between 1760 and 1770
> >
> > This man died 1837.
> >
> > This table shows the census year, the age of the man during that
> > census year as enumerated on the census.
> >
> > My question: when was this man born? How old was he when he died?
> > How did you calculate that?
> >
> > fredandfran
>
> born 1760-1765: It's the only time frame that fits all censuses.
> died at age 72-77: known death date - calculated birth date
>
> Kathy Lenerz <lenerz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm not arguing the answer, just asking for -- how did you get
there?

For the numeric overachievers, I'm sure it's obvious; for the rest
of us, it's far less obvious and mathematical "proof" that shows
each step would be a useful thing to have.

Cheryl

singhals <singhals@xxxxxxxxx>

  • Re: This years Pullman rubbish
    ... London there would have been so few Black and Asian people that there ... million, Chinese are given as 250,000 in the 2001 census but NOT ONE ... The census did not ask your ancestry if you were born here. ... nearly 270,000 Greek Cypriots there today. ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)
  • Re: Find My past 1911 corrections
    ... the 1911 census but apparently none of the people I have so far ... I have tried searching for three families records, one in Oxfordshire, ... They are Frederick John Hartup, born in Higham, Kent in 1902, ... Suggestion: ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Looking for some Pendrys in the census
    ... me to find some members of the Pendry family in the some of the census ... Thomas Pendry, born 1825/6 probably near Hereford, married Ellen Bryer ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Help find Oswald MADGWICK and Eleanor Jane LIGHTFOOT in 1901 Census
    ... They were born in two different countries. ... they're in the 1911 census but the terms and conditions prevent ... merchant's assistant, born in America 1876. ... FreeBMD has the death of an OSWALD MADGWICK at Hammersmith RD ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Numerous dates of birth for the same man
    ... The 1910 US Census shows he was born 1891 in New Jersey ... BANDRYMER - Ostrow Mazowiecka, Serock, Pultusk, ... Krasnosielc Poland ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)