Godefried, Duke of Alamannia
- From: Adrienne Boaz <adrienne_boaz@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 10:26:39 -0800 (PST)
Dear Medieval Genealogists,
I am trying to determine if the Godfrid written of on page 262 of The Dark Ages: 476-918, by Charles Oman, is the same Godefried who was perhaps the father of Huoching. This is what Mr. Oman wrote:
"Another series of campaigns were directed against the Suabians. Pippin followed them into the depths of their forests, and compelled their duke Godfrid to acknowledge himself, as his fathers had done, the vassal of the Franks."
This is the information I have written thus far about Godefried (but I removed the superscript codes which cite my sources, in case they don't come out nicely as superscript when you read this e-mail):
Duke of Alamanniawas the duke from the years 687 until his
death in 709. His name has also been spelled “Gotefridus”
and “Godafred”, and he was an ancestor of Hildegarde, a wife of Charlemagne and the father of Huoching, as well as Lantfrid I and
Do you suppose they may be the same individual? Thank you for your time.
- Adrienne Boaz
- Prev by Date: God The Father 4-11-72
- Next by Date: Re: Godefried, Duke of Alamannia
- Previous by thread: God The Father 4-11-72
- Next by thread: Re: Godefried, Duke of Alamannia