Sir John Vere
- From: "Leo" <can2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 08:06:39 +1000
According to ES III/4 Tafel 630
Hugh de Courtenay, 2nd Earl of Devon, married (1325) Margaret de Bohun and they had several children including
Lady Elizabeth who died 7 August 1395. She married first (24 July 1341) John de Vere who died before 23 June 1350 and secondly about July 1359 Sir Andrew Luterel
As Elizabeth is apparently the seventh child, was she born about 1335 and only about 6 when she married first?
The Complete Pweerage Volume X page 222 and Burke's Extinct Peerage 1866, page 550 shows the de Vere family and here I found
John de Vere, 7th Earl of Oxford who married before 1336 Maud Badlesmere. They are shown with three sons and a daughter. The third son is a John and all it says is d.s.p., it does not say died in infancy.
Does anyone know whether these John de Vere who married Lady Elizabeth de Courtenay is the third son of the 7th Earl of Oxford?
With many thanks
Leo van de Pas,
- Prev by Date: English Peasants 1200-1350
- Next by Date: English Peasants 1200-1350
- Previous by thread: English Peasants 1200-1350
- Next by thread: Re: Sir John Vere