The burdens of genealogy

I was intrigued to read Hugh Hosking's claim that he is a descendant of the Berkeley Family because some years past this individual claimed to be a descendant of the Bulkeley Family!

Naturally he is entitled to be chained to the follies of two families although it would seem most unwise. The Bulkeley line alone is quite an undeserved handicap. The claims seem rather unique, but no doubt Mr Hosking's has an explanation.

This group would improve its limited education and understanding if Mr Hosking or the Santa Rosa Library would kindly explain this remarkable phenomena.

Sincerely Yours,

Paul Bulkley

  • Interesting articles
    ... I found a number of articles (mostly by Hugh Massingberd) that might be ... the senior male descendant of the last of the Stuarts, ... daughter of the Lord Ribblesdale ... Fraser, the future Tory politician, persuaded his eldest sister, ...
    (alt.talk.royalty)
  • Re: The burdens of genealogy
    ... < I was intrigued to read Hugh Hosking's claim that he is a descendant ... to be a descendant of the Bulkeley Family! ... < Paul Bulkley ... Tony Hoskins is presently on vacation. ...
    (soc.genealogy.medieval)
  • Re: Commentary: Was Adam the First Man?
    ... Jason Spaceman wrote in ... possible that there is an explanation that allows both to be right. ... descendant of Adam. ... using any of that pesky evidence" maneuver. ...
    (talk.origins)