Ctss Milia wife of ct Gomez González [de Manzanedo]
- From: "M.Sjostrom" <qsj5@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:36:54 -0700 (PDT)
Mara wrote: "I really don’t know who his father was."
* count Gomez Gonzalvez' father could by some likelihood be deduced from his onomastics: Gomez Gonzalvez bore the name of the earlier count Gomez Gonzalvez [besides, he held some of same lands as the earlier GG, such as Manzanedo - seemingly or presumably inherited]
and -since the patronymic system was presumably not yet broken down in any way- his father's first name was Gonzalvo.
I already mentioned that count Gomez Gonzalvez de Manzanedo's father was NOT count Gonzalvo Rodriguez. [their filiation was certainly not my suggestion - it clearly came from Tavares de Almeida, the re-examinable 'most common father']
His father seemingly was -as I already wrote- another Gonzalvo, who was attested in 1114.
That Gonzalvo would have been Gonzalvo Gomez.
Nobody should imagine that the 1114 attested Gonzalvo would have been the same man as the Gonzalvo who lived yet in 1202.
count Gomez Gonzalvez and count Gonzalvo Rodriguez were, yes, pretty much contemporaries,
like I wrote already earlier, they seem to been of the same generation.
- Prev by Date: Re: Ctss Milia wife of ct Gomez González [de Manzanedo]
- Next by Date: Re: Ctss Milia wife of ct Gomez González [de Manzanedo]
- Previous by thread: Ctss Milia wife of ct Gomez González [de Manzanedo]
- Next by thread: The Fate of an Earldom (January , 1264)