clan of Vimara Peres
- From: qsj5@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 03:22:05 -0700 (PDT)
again, I have a feeling that Francisco makes some flights of historical and genealogical fancy.
For example, in an earlier post of his, Francisco claims that Diogo Fernandes was never holder of Guimaraes;
however, here Francisco has Guimaraes inherited (in strength of the testament of the father, who was Diogo Fernandes) by Mumadona and her possibly concocted) brother Goncalo.
Mumadona had a brother Jimeno, yes. But Goncalo ???
Historical attestation (with a proper quotation of contemporary document) would be helpful - in face of characters who pop out from imagination of lots of genealogists and myths.
Then, for some reason Francisco makes Mumadona *aunt* of king Ramiro II. I cannot find any kinship which would make her his aunt.
- Prev by Date: Re: clan of Vimara Peres
- Next by Date: Re: clan of Vimara Peres
- Previous by thread: Re: clan of Vimara Peres
- Next by thread: clan of Vimara Peres