Re: Audrey BARLOW descent from FitzAlans (peine forte et dure)

In a message dated 10/28/2008 9:40:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
nltaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

rather it was retained as a coercive resource for
accused criminals who refused to plead.>>

Are there any cases where the person as they were being pressed, gasped out
"Oh.... Wait... Ok... I'll.... p...." (and then died) ;)

OK well maybe not died. I mean if it's coercive I expect that there must
have been at least a few cases where it worked.