RE: Comprehensive descents from E3 - Evan Ragland, of VA?
- From: "Tony Hoskins" <hoskins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:05:45 -0700
Thank you Marianne. This claimed line of Evan Ragland's to Edward III is
unknown to me, as it is also, I would venture to guess, to most if not
all scholars of medieval ancestries of American "gateways". The standard
entry-level tools for this by Roberts and Richardson, also
Weis/Sheppard, do not mention it at all. It very much needs to be
brought forward for scholarly scrutiny. Possible publication in a
journal like _The American Genealogist_ would be recommended.
Raising it in this forum can only be to the good - a perfect debut for
a newly claimed Edward III line (something a number of us here attend to
with eagle-eyes!). Having not yet seen it to evaluate the claim, I'll
have to wait till a copy comes my way. I wonder if Douglas Richardson or
anyone else "out there" in the gen-med group knows more about it?
History, Genealogy and Archives Librarian
Sonoma County Archivist
Sonoma County History and Genealogy Library
3rd and E Streets
Santa Rosa, California 95404
707/545-0831, ext. 562
- Prev by Date: Re: Comprehensive descents from E3
- Next by Date: Re: Comprehensive descents from E3
- Previous by thread: Re: Comprehensive descents from E3 - Evan Ragland, of VA?
- Next by thread: RE: Comprehensive descents from E3 - Evan Ragland, of VA?