Re: Anne Greystoke/Thomas Ashton marriage

Hi Kevin,
from this source i came across this tidbit:

GENEALOGICAL AND HERALDIC HISTORY
OF THE
EXTINCT AND DORMANT
BARONETCIES OF ENGLAND,
IRELAND, AND SCOTLAND,
BY
JOHN BURKE, ESQ.
AUTHOR OF THE PEERAGE AND BARONETAGE, HISTOHÏ OP
THE COMMONERS, ETC.
AND
JOHN BERNARD BURKE, ESQ.
OP THE MIDDLE TEMPLE.
SECOND EDITION.
LONDON:
JOHN RUSSELL SMITH, 4, OLD COMPTON STREET, SOHO SQUARE.
MDCCCXLIV.

"SIR WILLIAM Вотнк, knt. who m. first, Margaret,
daughter and co-heir of Sir Thomas Asheton, of Ash-
ton-under-Lyne, in the county of Lancaster, and of his
wife Anne, daughter of Ralph, Lord Greystock, by which alliance a
great accession of property came to the family of Bothe."

----where i was confused is where I saw this from this source :

NOTES AND QUERIES:
of Entevtommumcatton
FOR
LITERARY MEN, GENERAL READERS, ETC. "
When found, make a note of." — CAPTAIS CUIT«.
FIFTH SERIES.— VOLUME SEVENTH.
JANUARY — JUNE 1877.
LONDON:
PUBLISHED AT THE
OFFICE, 20, WELLINGTON STREET, STRAND, W.C.
Вт JOHN FRANCIS.
ASHETON FAMTLY. — Burke, in his Extinct and
Dormant Baronetage, says, under Booth of Dunham
Massey, that Sir William Bothe, Knight,
married Margaret, dan. and co-heir of Sir Thomas
Asheton, of Ashton-under-Lyne, and of his wife
Anne, dau. of Ralph, Lord Greystock. Under
Assheton of Middleton, he says that Sir Thomas (
knighted at Ripon, 7 Hen. VII.) married Elizabeth,
dau. and heiress of Ralph Staveleigh, of
Stayley, and had, with other issue, Margaret,
married to Sir William Booth, of Dunham Massey."

Which lists Anne as Margarets mother rather than Agnes or Elizabeth.

I believe the correct parentage for Margaret is Sir Thomas Asheton/
Asheton and Anne Greystock/Greystoke (seen these 2 variations for her
surname so will use both).

Where my original confusion was which Ralph Greystock/Greystoke was
her father, am making the assumption from researching it that it was
Ralph Greystock/Greystoke who died in 1487 and Elizabeth FitzHugh.

My line of descent comes down through the Bothe/Booth/Boothe family
through William and Margaret and am just trying to stumble through and
make sure I have the correct parentage for them all.

Thanks,
Kathy

.