Re: The Royal Descent of Montogomery Clift
- From: "R. Battle" <battle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 11:33:44 -0700
On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, jhigginsgen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
But the "Georgia jump" may indeed be an issue also. The source below<snip>
doesn't explicitly say that John son of Lachlan did or did not move to
Georgia, but John's grandson definitely stayed in Scotland, which
would suggest that his grandfather was also there. Also the birth
date given for the Georgia John is likely far too late for him to have
been a son of Lachlan (based on dates when Lachlan's eldest son was
prominent, per the source below).
RD600 (p. 112) has John Mohr Mackintosh (McIntosh) as a son of Lachlan Mackintosh of Knocknagel, who was a son of the Lachlan Mackintosh above. I don't know how reliable GBR's sources are, though. BTW, the RD he chose for this immigrant is from Robert III of Scotland, via Kennedy, Gordon, and Mackintosh of Mackintosh.
- Prev by Date: Re: Ancestry of Elizabeth (Dowse) Allen of N.H.
- Next by Date: Re: The Royal Descent of Montogomery Clift
- Previous by thread: Re: The Royal Descent of Montogomery Clift
- Next by thread: Re: The Royal Descent of Montogomery Clift