Re: Middleton pedigree, 1100-1600: Leeke and Peck and Waters
- From: WJhonson <wjhonson@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:30:23 -0700
Bill, that apparently, is the crux of the matter.
Is Robert, known to be listed as a son of Henry Peck of Carlton Colville, the same person as Robert Peck, known to be a grandson of John Leeke of Beccles, and also apparently himself of Beccles.
Can the two Robert Pecks be considered the same person? That's the question. It was the question back in 1940 evidently, and apparently no one still knows.
As to how to prove they are, or they aren't, it would be instructive to enumerate each property coming into the hands of Henry Peck from his relations, and from his wifes, and each one leaving by being sold, etc.
And then do the same for Robert Peck of Beccles, his wife, and children. There are many *times* the number of documents available today publicly, as there were in 1940, so it may be possible to finally answer the question, IF you're willing to do the hard work. Check every personal name, and every property name in A2A for example, see what comes up.
- Prev by Date: Most colonial American ancestors in the new ODNB?
- Next by Date: Re: Middleton pedigree, 1100-1600: Leeke and Peck and Waters
- Previous by thread: Re: Middleton pedigree, 1100-1600: Leeke and Peck and Waters
- Next by thread: Re: Middleton pedigree, 1100-1600: Leeke and Peck and Waters