Re: Wingfield Coats-of-Arms
- From: Doug Thompson <doug.thompson@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:36:08 GMT
Could it be or and vert (Hakeford)? I would think if they were going
to quarter Warenne they would do Fitz Alan as well. I have a Goushill
pedigree somewhere. I will have to dig it out.
To add some information to this discussion, note that the Visitation of
Norfolk, (Harl. 1552) gives the Wingfield arms as
Quarterly of six:
4. Quarterly 1 & 4 Gules, a lion rampant or, (Fitzalan), 2 & 3 Checky, or
and azure. (Warenne)
5. Ermine, on a chevron sable three crescents or
6. as the first
(The bracketed names are my additions to save typing)
So it seems that the family thought Fitzalan should be there as well by the
time of the visitation.
- Prev by Date: Re: King's Kinsfolk: King Charles II of Navarre's kinsman, Sir Eustace d'Aube...
- Next by Date: Fwd: Scottish genealogy-digitisation questionnaire
- Previous by thread: Re: Wingfield Coats-of-Arms
- Next by thread: Re: Wingfield Coats-of-Arms