Re: Jane Lowe 1633-1701

Dear Will,

Two questions in reply to your last post:

You stated that you have identified all of Jane Lowe's gg
grandparents. To the best of my knowledge, her maternal grandmother is
unknown. Her grandfather, Henry Cavendish, Esq. of Tutbury, Staffs. is
well known and was married, but he had no issue by his Talbot wife.
Anne Cavendish, one of his daughters and mother of Jane Lowe, was
illegitimate.

Have you in fact identified the mistress of Henry Cavendish who
was mother to Anne? If so, that is a find of interest to many Sewall
and Calvert descendants of Jane Lowe. However, if this is based on
showing Anne as a legitimate daughter of Henry Cavendish and Grace
Talbot, this would be erroneous: the known number of gg grandparents
reverts to the previously known 12.

Cheers,

John

WJhonson@xxxxxxx wrote:
I have all 16 of Jane Lowe's great-great-grandparents. I'm only missing the
wife of Vincent Lowe who is in position 16 in her chart. In fact the Lowe
family in general is very sketchy and shady compared to the fact that two of the
8 men were Earls, and another one a Judge.

Jane's grandmother Jane Harpur and Jane Harpur's parents Sir John Harpur and
Isabella Pierrepont are only four steps from Richard Cecil.

Will Johnson

.