Powys Fadog & Arderne Ancestry of Isabell (Radclyffe) Harrington (d. 1518)

I have had to rely on secondary sources in following this lineage and am
hoping others might be able to fill in more detail or corrections with more
direct documentation.

1. Gruffudd ap Madog, Prince of Powys Fadog, lord of Maelawr Gymraeg,
Maelawr Saesneg, Chirk, Mochnant is Rhaiadr, Ial, Ystrad Alun, Yr Hob, Cynllaith,
Nanheudwy, and Glyndyfrdwy.
died 7 Dec. 1269 and buried at Valle Crucis Abbey
married Emma, daughter of Henry de Alditheley (d. 1246).

2. Margaret (ferch Gruffudd)
In 1269 she and her husband were granted by deed the manor of Congleton by
her father-in-law. She was married to John de Arderne (d. 1307) of Aldford
and Alvanley (in Edisbury Hundred), Cheshire. The marriage of their son John
with Alice Venables, daughter of Hugh Venables, was arranged in 1307.

3. Matilda (Maud) de Arderne
In 1303 a moiety of Mobberley (in Bucklow Hundred), Cheshire was granted in
arrangement for the marriage of this daughter with John Legh, son of John
Legh of Booths.

4. John Legh of Booths (in Bucklow Hundred), Cheshire.
Married to Elizabeth, daughter and heiress of Richard de Sandbach of
Sandbach (in Northwich Hundred), Cheshire. In 2 Edw. II John de Arderne of Aldford
sold to Hugh Venables the marriage and wardship of Richard de Sandbach.

5. Elizabeth Legh
She brought the manor of Sandbach and other property as an heiress in
marriage to Richard Radclyffe (d. 1380) of Ordsall, Lancashire.

6. John Radclyffe, Knt., of Ordsall
Died 1422.

7. John Radclyffe, Knt., of Ordsall
Died 1442

8. Alexander Radclyffe, Knt., of Ordsall.
Died 1475.

9. Isabell Radclyffe, wife of James Harrington (d. 26 Jun. 1491), Knt.
She died 20 Jun. 1518 holding Brixworth manor (in Orlingbury Hundred),
Northamptonshire.

I appreciate any assistance in further detailing this line. I am chiefly
interested in it as it connects to my Eltonhead ancestry.

Todd Whitesides

.