Re: What this list is - on "insularity"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leo van de Pas" <leovdpas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <GEN-MEDIEVAL-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: What this list is - on "insularity"

| I believe (hope I am wrong) that even the Japanese Imperial family tree is
| not too secure as by adoptions the bloodline has been fudged.

The adoptions were of imperial relatives, and recorded as such. Thus they were a 'legal fiction', rather than a 'genealogical fabrication'.

| I for one
| would love to know more about Chinese and Japanese lineages. I have a little
| bit on the present day Japanese Imperial family on my website---any
| additional information greatly appreciated.
| Best wishes
| Leo van de Pas
| Canberra, Australia

The questions come in at the 'top' of the pedigree(s). The emperor Ojin, (traditionally, late fourth century BCE), on down, is considered by scholars to be fairly safe ground. Prior to him, not so much. There is a thesis, (http://gias.snu.ac.kr/wthong/publication/paekche/eng/paekch_e.html), that Ojin-tenno was a prince of Paekche, one of the Three Kingdoms of Ancient Korea. The piece was backed up with evidence and augmentation. It is based on archaeology and epigraphy, and is not a Velikovsky-Ruhl-Atlantis type of revisionism.
Also see: http://www.asianresearch.org/articles/2352.html; and http://www.kimsoft.com/2004/jp-origine-a.htm, (basically, the same article); and http://www.ease.com/~randyj/rjjingu.htm. A bibliography can be found at: http://www.hawaii.edu/korea/bibliography/ancient_Kor_Jap_relations.htm.
I also might recommend:
Ford

'Our duty is to be useful, not according to our desires, but according to our powers.'
-Henri Frederic Amiel

'You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the
world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer
spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world.
You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand.'
- Woodrow Wilson

'It is common sense to take a method, and to try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.'
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

'Don't judge those who try, and fail. Judge only those who fail to try.'

  • Re: Compare them with Truth???
    ... dream that the whole will be failing because you have fail. ... I don't judge a person on how much he has. ... Wee Cho Yaw & family, ... Lee Seng Wee, $650 million ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Re: F-test & F-Stat
    ... Judge ... You fail to reject if the Test falls outside the critical region CR. ... On contrary is lies in the CR you reject H0, because it´s unlike that observed data be compatible with the Null Hypotheses. ...
    (sci.stat.math)
  • Re: OT: Its more embarassing to listen to Obama than Bush
    ... On Jul 2 2010 1:30 AM, O-PGManager wrote: ... Judge him ... fail. ... It's not even his economic policy, ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Perjury and RSA
    ... newsgroup committed perjury in a criminal conspiracy that lied to the cops and a judge. ... How could he possibly fail to use the example of his friends lying in court? ...
    (rec.skiing.alpine)
  • Re: Google Groups filtering emails?
    ... > You fail to understand that my original comments answer that ... "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as ... outraged as those who are."--Benjamin Franklin ... Prev by Date: ...
    (news.software.readers)