Re: Y Chromosones of the Ancients

one observation kind of off subject but related:

one interesting thing is there is a theory that tree colapse occurs just after the 10th generation according to the diamond theory. However I must say I dont buy tree collapse after the 10th generation because on "y" dna testing you can go back as far as 40 generations with a similar or close match with a only a handfull of industry accepted mutations..in closing with this in mind does tree collapse really occur just after the 10th generation, "I really don't think so!!!!" at least in terms of the male to male line.

It would be interesting to see what others in this forum think about this?

From: francisco.tavaresdealmeida@xxxxxxxxx
To: GEN-MEDIEVAL-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Y Chromosones of the Ancients
Date: 17 Mar 2006 03:40:28 -0800

Charibert
Chrodobertus
Lambert
Chrodobertus
Lambert (II)
Rutpert I
Thuringbert
Rutpert II
Rutpert III, Graf in Wormsgau
Rutpert IV, Graf in Wormsgau, Duke of Francia
Robert I, King of France
Hugues 'the Great', Duke of The Franks, Comte de Paris
Hugues Capet, King of France 987-996
Robert II, King of France
Robert I, Duc de Bourgogne
Henri de Bourgogne
Count D. Henrique of Portugal
D. Afonso Henriques, King of Portugal
D. Sancho I, King of Portugal
D. Afonso II, King of Portugal
D. Afonso III, King of Portugal
D. Diniz, King of Portugal
D. Afonso IV, King of Portugal
D. Pedro I, King of Portugal
D. João I, Master of Aviz, King of Portugal
D. Afonso, Duke of Braganza
D. Fernando I, Duque of Braganza
D. Fernando II, Duque of Braganza, Duke of Guimarães
D. Jaime, Duque of Braganza
D. Teodósio I, Duke of Braganza
D. João, Duke of Braganza
D. Teodósio II, Duke of Braganza
D. João IV, Duke of Braganza, King of Portugal
D. Pedro II, King of Portugal
D. João V, King of Portugal
D. Pedro III, (titular) King of Portugal
D. João VI, King of Portugal, Emperor of Brazil
D. Miguel, Duke of Braganza, King of Portugal
D. Miguel, Duke of Braganza, Infant of Portugal
D. Duarte Nuno, Duke of Braganza, Infant of Portugal
D. Duarte Pio, Duke of Braganza, Infant of Portugal

Only 41 generations but I do not know another royal house that can
claim nearly 9 centuries of male descendance from the first king of the
country.

Regards,
Francisco