Re: Fw: Margaret Chiche

"Leo van de Pas" schrieb:

As source (to which I do not have access) is given as Stemmata Chicheleana, apparently a CD
From this came

Margaret Chiche who married as her second husband John Judde of Tunbridge,
they are the parents of
Sir Andrew Judde, Lord Mayor of London, who died 4 September 1558, he married Mary or Joan Mirfyn or Mervin. For this couple I have one daughter, Alice.

Kenneth W. Jacob in Foundations tells that Valentine Chiche, dead by 22 July 1461, was father of Margaret Chiche who married Sir Andrew Judd, son of John Judd in 1475.

Somehow it is so close but not close enough. What is the proper situation?

Sir Andrew Judd, Lord Mayor of London, is the subject of a thumbnail
sketch at Tudorplace, which cites several references for its
statements:

http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/Bios/AndrewJudde.htm

Clearly, he cannot have married in 1475 - but his parents may have.
According to the DNB he was son of John Judd and Margaret Chiche.
Margaret's mother was a Chicheley, of the family who owned Wimpole Hall
in Cambridgeshire (who subsequently intermarried with the Docwra
family) and who provided Canterbury with one of its most noted
Archbishops. I think the Stemmata relate to the Founder's Kin rights
attached to his Grace's foundation of an Oxford college.

MAR

  • Re: Margaret Chiche
    ... The DNB article on Sir Andrew Judde says pretty clearly that he was the son, ... and none of them is Margaret Chiche. ... Margaret Chiche who married as her second husband John Judde of Tunbridge, ...
    (soc.genealogy.medieval)
  • Fw: Margaret Chiche
    ... Margaret Chiche who married as her second husband John Judde of Tunbridge, ... Kenneth W. Jacob in Foundations tells that Valentine Chiche, dead by 22 July 1461, was father of Margaret Chiche who married Sir Andrew Judd, son of John Judd in 1475. ...
    (soc.genealogy.medieval)