Re: Scolastica - actually re: "Henrietta Maria", et var.
- From: hoskins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ("Tony Hoskins")
- Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 00:08:09 +0000 (UTC)
"it could have been Marie Henriette?"
But, Leo, I believe I can find a source wherein she is indeed signed as
Marie Henriette. And, if memory serves, I also believe I've seen her
referred to both as "Marie Henriette" *and* "Henriette Marie" in the
same document. I will try to find this.
I might also mention in that certain German royal and princely families
with which I am familiar I have seen some (to our minds, perhaps)
surprising looseness and variety with reference to the ordering of
multiple Christian names.
History, Genealogy and Archives Librarian
History and Genealogy Library
Sonoma County Library
3rd and E Streets
Santa Rosa, California 95404
707/545-0831, ext. 562
- Prev by Date: Fw: Scholastica/Scolastica vars and dims (variants and diminutives)
- Next by Date: Re: Scolastica
- Previous by thread: Fw: Scholastica/Scolastica vars and dims (variants and diminutives)
- Next by thread: Re: Scolastica - "phonetic erosions"