Mary Kempe's Mother
- From: zashin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mary Zashin)
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:49:03 +0000 (UTC)
In RPA, p. 273, Mary Kempe, wife of Dudley Digges (d. 1638/8), is identified as the youngest daughter and coheiress of Thomas Kempe, Knt., of Ollantigh, Kent, by Dorothy Thompson. However, on p. 556 of RPA and p. 631 of MCA, Mary is identified as the daughter of Thomas Kempe and his first wife, Anne. The latter two pages cite the will of Dorothy Kempe. Can anyone clear up the confusion and identify the mother of Mary Kempe? Thank you, M. Zashin
- Prev by Date: Re: A Domesday descent: Thorkill of Warwick to William Farrar
- Next by Date: Re: Wentworth of Elmsall: a Deincourt descent?
- Previous by thread: Re: Queen Henriette Marie - a royal "cousin", OT but interesting
- Next by thread: Re: Mary Kempe's Mother