Re: Turn again Dick Whittington
- From: WJhonson@xxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 03:20:12 +0000 (UTC)
In a message dated 12/31/05 11:50:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
<< "being a settlement on the marriage of the said Sir William and
Marie Whityngton, "daughter of William Whityngton late of Pauntley [co.
esq., deceased of ""Elizabeth his wife, which Elizabeth was sister to the
Bishop 1 Sept. 14 Hen. "VII.
The notes in square brackets in this citation are those provided by the
Birmingham City Archivist.
I am not sure whether Marie was William's daughter by his first marriage to
Elizabeth Croft, of Croft Castle, or by his second marriage to Elizabeth
Does this settlement not say that Marie's mother was Elizabeth Arundel ?
If not, how do you read that phrase related to Elizabeth?
- Prev by Date: Re: Turn again Dick Whittington
- Next by Date: Re: Turn again Dick Whittington
- Previous by thread: Re: Turn again Dick Whittington
- Next by thread: Re: Turn again Dick Whittington