Henry, Abbot of Peterborough
- From: WJhonson@xxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 02:17:00 +0000 (UTC)
Recently we had a discussion of this person and noted the apparent confusion
in where to place him in the tree of the Counts of Aquitaine, etc.
Recently, while looking at Dugdale, I note that he speaks about this person
and says, quoting Hugo Candidus that Henry de Angeli or of Anjou also called
"of Poitou" was "a cousin of the king and the count of aquitaine".
Not that that particularly sheds any glaring light upon him, but I'm not
sure that quote had been added to the list of what was known. He does not at
any rate, make any inference to Henry being illegitimate, not that that means
- Prev by Date: C.P. Addition: Mortimer of Chirk
- Next by Date: re: dugdale
- Previous by thread: C.P. Addition: Mortimer of Chirk
- Next by thread: re: dugdale