Re: Evidence re. the identity of Alan Fitz Roland'as first wife, _____ de Lacy

My comment are interspersed below. DR

Peter Stewart wrote:
> I wrote 'There appears to be no evidence that John de Lacy was ever called
> "John de Chester" after 1194, when his father Roger adopted the surname
> "Lacy".' This is NOT the same as misrepresented above, and in any case it
> has NOT been shown to be incorrect.

Yes, you made a tiny mistake. No biggie.

> I wonder what thread Richardson is reading. He knows of "no evidence" for
> exactly the information contained in the evidence under review. He is so
> bound up with the pre-suppositions he brought to this question that he can't
> now see beyond these, or even see a reason not to announce his blinkerdom to
> the newsgroup....

My what?

> >> I don't yet see any reason to be so sure that the name Richard was
> >> given wrongly, or that bits & pieces of the Lacy inheritance were not
> >> shared to some extent amongst the four brothers, with Kippax falling to
> >> Richard and passing with the marriage of his daughter to Alan of
> >> Galloway, later temporarily and unsuccessfully disputed by her cousin
> >> John de Lacy, earl of Lincoln.

You seem to have forgotten about John de Lacy dealing with the advowson
of Kippax, Yorkshire in 1233. This record proves that he is the same
individual as John de Chester in the 1214 lawsuit. If the manor and
advowson were granted away to a cadet branch, then the head of the
cadet branch should have answered to Pontefract Priory in 1233, not
John de Lacy. I don't know of any evidence that a cadet branch ever
held Kippax, Yorkshire. If you know of such evidence, please, please
let me know.

> Peter Stewart

  • Re: All Evidence is Subjective...
    ... Polycarp knew the Apostle John, ... And you accept the narrative about Jesus because no ancient author disputes ... out the Apostolic Churches. ... What I am doing is giving evidence and so far ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Atheists support evolution because evolution supports their worldview
    ... Harshman would not support Darwinian evolution if it supported ... If the evidence supported theism, ... No one can go back and undo Darwin in order to find ... Yes, you are right John, what I said is backwards from the ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: White House spins "The Commander Guy"
    ... intelligent but inarticulate people (such as perhaps ... this number is the only evidence you have ... Take a look at the scatter plots John referenced, ... You should be able to tell the rest of us what the upper bound ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: All Evidence is Subjective...
    ... included in ten of your posts and quoted in five others. ... So the best evidence you've got is no evidence at all? ... Polycarp knew the Apostle John, ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: All Evidence is Subjective...
    ... Polycarp knew the Apostle John, Irenaeus of Lyons. ... And you accept the narrative about Jesus because no ancient author disputes ... What I am doing is giving evidence and so far ...
    (talk.origins)