Atlas of Shelby County, Kentucky 1882
- From: "Rich Green" <rgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 06:53:46 -0400
1882 Atlas of Shelby County, Kentucky ($19.95)
This abridged Atlas CD contains high resolution digital images of vintage 1882 Shelby County Kentucky maps that are presented in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). All 1882 Shelby County precinct maps are included on this CD, as are a number of city, town and village plan maps from this period.
The Shelby county precincts included are: Christiansburg, Clay Village, Croppers, Doaks, Hardinsville, Harrisonville, Jacksonville, Jones, Lamasters, Longs, Marshalls, Shelbyville, Simpsonville and Southville. Village and town maps of Shelby county in this atlas: Bagdad, Christiansburg, Clay Village, Consolation, Croppers Depot, Hardinsville, Harrisonville, Hinesville, Johnsonville, Shelbyville, Simpsonville and Taylorsville.
Details on early maps are often difficult to read and these are no exception; however, by virtue of the Adobe PDF formatting, these documents may be inspected at high levels of magnification without additional digital distortion; something that simply cannot be accomplished with paper reproductions and photocopies.
Each map includes many 19th century features such as:
* toll roads, railroads and canals
* post offices and government sites
* schoolhouses, churches and cemeteries
* rivers, streams and ferries
* race tracks, fair grounds and picnic groves
* industrial sites, furnaces and mills
* early property ownership, homesteads and farms
-and much, much more
The abridged Atlas of Shelby County, Kentucky may be an invaluable aid to researchers in search of 19th century Shelby County places and place names. These early maps often contain many places that no longer exist or that have been obscured over time; the location of property owners, businesses, churches and cemeteries may assist genealogical researchers interested in Kentucky history.
Also available at eBay:
Good luck in your research,
Historic Atlas Series
19th century atlas data from IL, IN, IA, KY, MI, MN, NE, OH, PA, VA and WI
- Prev by Date: Atlas of the State of Michigan 1873
- Next by Date: Iowa Counties: Howard, Winneshiek, Allamakee, Chickasaw, Bremer, Fayette, Clayton, Black Hawk and Buchanan
- Previous by thread: Atlas of the State of Michigan 1873
- Next by thread: Iowa Counties: Howard, Winneshiek, Allamakee, Chickasaw, Bremer, Fayette, Clayton, Black Hawk and Buchanan