Historic Atlas Of Indiana Counties (Zones 1-11 complete set)
- From: rgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ("Rich Green")
- Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 15:50:23 +0000 (UTC)
Historic Atlas Of Indiana Counties (Zones 1-11 complete set) only $69.95
The Zone 1-11 Atlas is a complete set of 1876 Indiana county maps. Each Zone consists of a series of 8 or more bordering county maps making up all 92 Indiana counties. Each Zone Atlas contains high resolution scanned images of vintage 19th century county maps that are presented in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF).
All (11) individual Indiana Zones sold separately $8.95 - $9.95.
Each county map includes the following 19th century features:
* roads, railroads and canals
* cities, towns and villages
* post offices and government sites
* one-room schoolhouses, churches and cemeteries
* rivers, streams and ferries
* racetracks, fairgrounds and picnic groves
* industrial sites, furnaces and mills
* early homesteads and farms
-and much more
The Historic Atlas of Indiana series may be an invaluable aid to Genealogists, Historians and researchers in search of 19th century Indiana places and place names. Many 19th century sites no longer appear on contemporary maps and or have been obscured with time. The Historic Atlas Series CD's provide researchers with the means to quickly search 19th century maps when searching for extinct Indiana places.
The Adobe Acrobat Reader for MS Windows is needed to view, zoom, pan and print from the PDF map images contained in this atlas; and is included free on each CD. No other software is necessary. The map data has been created and configured using Adobe Acrobat Reader (6.0) for MS Windows (98, 98SE, XP, NT and 2000). The maps may be viewed in earlier and the latest versions of the software as well; however, optimum use of the data can be expected using the Adobe Reader 6.0 that is included on this CD.
Details on early maps are often difficult to read and these are no exception; however, by virtue of the Adobe PDF formatting, these documents may be inspected at high levels of magnification without additional digital distortion; something that simply cannot be accomplished with paper reproductions and photocopies.
Follow the links below for other Atlas CD's available for the states of IA, IL, KY, MI, MN, OH, PA and WI.
Also available to eBay buyers:
Thanks for reading and good luck with your research!
Historic Atlas Series
- Prev by Date: Your headings on our blank ancestral charts
- Next by Date: Bedfordshire Family History and other Historical Research
- Previous by thread: Your headings on our blank ancestral charts
- Next by thread: Bedfordshire Family History and other Historical Research