Horvitz from Zvhil
- From: marvintur@xxxxxxxxxxx (Marvin Turkanis)
- Date: 11 Jul 2011 16:20:52 -0700
I understand that a HORVITZ:
- made aliyah to Israel with his son, Ephraim/Froika, but without his wife;
- returned to Poland in the 1940's to retrieve property that had been left behind;
- was captured by the Germans and never returned.
I am seeking to learn more about my grand-aunt, Ruchia/Rachael (KURCHITZER) GUREWISZ who:
- born in 1880 in Zvhil; and,
- was murdered in November 1941in Rovno massacre, Korec, Rowne, Wolyn, Poland in the Shoah.
I know that this is scanty information, but I hope that someone will recognize the story.
Join us at the
31st IAJGS International Conference
on Jewish Genealogy
"A Capital Conference"
Washington, DC USA
August 14-19, 2011 Grand Hyatt Washington
Help your friends discover their past - print out the flier located at http://www.jewishgen.org/JewishGen/Press/JG_Flyer.pdf and distribute it in your local synagogue, JCC, restaurant or wherever people may benefit from it.
Support JewishGen with a contribution to the JewishGen General Fund!
Sign up for the JGFFAlert!
Join our mailing list at http://lyris.jewishgen.org/ListManager if you
would like the convenience of receiving all soc.genealogy.jewish posts in
your mailbox, instead of having to search for them in the newsgroup, whose
content may not be consistently carried in its entirety by all providers.
- Prev by Date: Re: Family Finder results
- Next by Date: Viewmate translation German, not Yiddish.
- Previous by thread: Viewmate translation--Yiddish in Latin letters or German?
- Next by thread: Viewmate translation German, not Yiddish.