Seeking descendants of Abraham & Noma DROZDZIASZ
- From: rnwoolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Naidia Woolf)
- Date: 1 Sep 2010 01:53:36 -0700
Subsequent to the JGS-LA conference in July, the Jewish Genealogy & Family Heritage Center in Warsaw kindly sent me some vital information I'm hoping pertains to descendants of my maternal ancestors from Karczew, Poland: the DROZDIASZ family. This included the following documents:.
(1) The Emigration Service Munich index cards for Abraham and Noma DROZDZIAZ (presumably husband and wife), whose last address was the Munich New Freiman (displaced persons) Camp. According to these index cards, Abraham and Noma were from Warsaw, Poland. Noma was born in 1912 and Abraham, in 1911. Their country of destination was shown as the U.S.A.
(2) The survivor registry of Holocaust survivors for a Sura Leja DROZDZIARZ, daughter of Aron and Chana, born in Otwock in 1912. The survivor registry also lists a Sura Laja DROZDIARZ, born in Karczew in 1912, daughter of Szlama and Golda nee GOLDSZTEJN. (I do not have a print-out of that particular record.) My contact person at The Jewish Historical Institute believes that Sura Leja and Sura Laja are one and the same person (but it's not clear).
(3) A page from the 1930 Warsaw Phone book. This lists a Chana DROZDZIASZ; underneath her name are listings for Freta16, Gdala 14, Mila 6, and Moszek 6.
I don't know whether the number given after each name is the individual's (child's?) name or a street number. Could someone explain that for me? (I will be happy to email the page from the 1930 Warsaw phone book to anyone, interested.)
Any advice or help will be appreciated. So far - despite years of diligent research on my part - I've been unable to locate any surviving members of my DROZDIASZ family. After immigrating to England around the turn of the 20th century, my maternal grandparents, Israel and Sarah Rachel DROZDIASZ initially adopted the surname of RAUS, finally settling on ROSE (possibly because it sounded more English or because it was similar to the middle name of Sarah's sister, Rojza back in Poland).
San Francisco, CA USA
Formerly of Birmingham, England
DROZDIASZ/DROSDASH/RAUS/ROSE: Preston, England, UK; Karczew, Poland
ISAACS, Solomon and Sarah: Birmingham, England; Poland (near Warsaw)
KUJAWSKI: Lodz, Poland
SUMMERS and WINTER: Paterson, New Jersey, USA; Lodz/Kalisz, Poland
SAFIRSTEIN (or variants of that name): Karczew, Poland ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Help your friends discover their past - print out the flier located at http://www.jewishgen.org/JewishGen/Press/JG_Flyer.pdf and distribute it in your local synagogue, JCC, restaurant or wherever people may benefit from it.
Support JewishGen with a contribution to the JewishGen General Fund!
Come to the
30th IAJGS International Conference
on Jewish Genealogy
Los Angeles July 11-16, 2010 http://www.jgsla2010.org
Sign up for the JGFFAlert!
Join our mailing list at http://lyris.jewishgen.org/ListManager if you
would like the convenience of receiving all soc.genealogy.jewish posts in
your mailbox, instead of having to search for them in the newsgroup, whose
content may not be consistently carried in its entirety by all providers.
- Prev by Date: Straszu
- Next by Date: Seeking Bernat and Menyhert Markovics
- Previous by thread: Straszu
- Next by thread: Seeking Bernat and Menyhert Markovics