Hirlau Romania cemetery
- From: msleag@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Lea Haber Gedalia)
- Date: 19 Apr 2010 08:47:03 -0700
A few months ago ,due to a family funeral in Hirlau Romania, we have taken pictures
of all 1200 headstones in the new cemetery.I am now in the process of making an
excel database (JOWBR Format) and at a second stage I shall attempt to compare with
the existing records. Most of the tombs are legible and written in Hebrew and
Romanian. Among names I have found - FRAIER,STEINBERG,LIPSCANU,HERTINBERG,DAVID,
KISIL,FAIN,MOSCOVICI,HONIG,PANTOF ARO,POPLICHER and more. I shall not be able to
look for names on a personal basis, at the moment, but hopefully the database will
be done in a few months. I shall than also upload it to the Hirlau site on
Jewishgen. Happy independence day
Lea Haber Gedalia,Israel
Help your friends discover their past - print out the flier located at
and distribute it in your local synagogue, JCC, restaurant or wherever
people may benefit from it.
Support JewishGen with a contribution to the JewishGen General Fund!
Come to the
30th IAJGS International Conference
on Jewish Genealogy
Los Angeles July 11-16, 2010 http://www.jgsla2010.org
Sign up for the JGFFAlert!
Join our mailing list at http://lyris.jewishgen.org/ListManager if you
would like the convenience of receiving all soc.genealogy.jewish posts in
your mailbox, instead of having to search for them in the newsgroup, whose
content may not be consistently carried in its entirety by all providers.
- Prev by Date: VM15138 - Translation of Birth Record - Gittel Rosenberg
- Next by Date: Re: How cemeteries today try to prevent baby markers at their gravesites from sinking
- Previous by thread: VM15138 - Translation of Birth Record - Gittel Rosenberg
- Next by thread: Identification of students in 1937-1938 school photo ViewMate #1514