Brody Yizkor Book

Genners with an interest in Brody (formerly Brody, Galicia, then Brody,
Poland, now Brody, Ukraine) may have noticed that translations of a few more
chapters from the Brody yizkor book, Ner Tamid--Yizkor leBrody, are now
online at http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/brody/brody.html. In a great
coup, Lance Ackerfeld recently obtained permission from the Brody
Landsmanschaft in Israel for JewishGen to translate and publish this yizkor
book at our site. We had never previously been able to get this permission
and thus have had at the site for this book only a very scanty amount of
material.

We now need a Project Coordinator who can handle fund raising and the
finding of a translator for the rest of the book. I was the Project
Coordinator only by default (i.e., I am the maker of the Brody ShtetLinks
site), and I cannot continue to serve as a yizkor book coordinator. A
Summary of the Duties of a Project Coordinator for a Yizkor Book Translation
Project is at:

http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/donation/Coordinator.html

If you would like to volunteer to be the Brody Yizkor Book Translation
Project Coordinator or are interested but feel you need more information,
please contact Lance Ackerfeld, Yizkor Book Project Manager. You will see a
way to do this at the bottom of the main page for the Yizkor Book
Translations Project:

http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/translations.html

Over the years, a few people have written me expressing an interest in a
particular chapter of the Brody yizkor book and I have scanned and forwarded
the requested pages to these people. If you are one of these people and
have managed to obtain a translation of the pages sent to you, please
contact me so that I can arrange to get the translation from you. We would
naturally like to have any good translations that have already been done
rather than paying a translator to do the work all over again.

Marjorie Rosenfeld
Carlsbad, CA
Support JewishGen with a contribution to the JewishGen General Fund!
http://www.jewishgen.org/jewishgen-erosity/
Come to the
30th IAJGS International Conference
on Jewish Genealogy
Los Angeles July 11-16, 2010 http://www.jgsla2010.org
would like the convenience of receiving all soc.genealogy.jewish posts in
your mailbox, instead of having to search for them in the newsgroup, whose
content may not be consistently carried in its entirety by all providers.

  • Yizkor Book Translation Project, Lance Ackerfield and Molchad (Maytchet), Belarus
    ... As volunteer of the translation of the Molchad (Maytchet) Yizkor book since the ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • Jonava (Yaneve, Lithuania) Yizkor Book translation
    ... We have made exciting progress on the Jonava Yizkor Book ... translation from Yiddish and Hebrew into English. ... Our translator has brought the many photos of our families ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • Yizkor Book Project Report for April 2007
    ... on Jewish Genealogy ... -Lezajsk, Poland: Pinkas HaKehillot Pol, vol. ... -Zgierz, Poland (Polish translation), http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/zgierz/zgip000.html ... We would like to remind you that there are other features of the Yizkor Book Project that you might want to explore: ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • Yizkor Book Project Report for October 2007
    ... The Yizkor Book Project added three new books, three new entries, and 11 updates for October 2007. ... -Humpolec, Czech Republic: Die Juden und Judengemeinde Bohmens in Vergangenheit und Gegenwart, http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/bohemia/boh193.html ... The translation is at http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/belarus/belarus.html. ... Remember to check the Yizkor Book Database at http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/database.html for published yizkor books. ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • English transcribers needed for Bobruisk Yizkor Book
    ... the opportunity to add several major chunks totalling dozens upon ... dozens of pages to the posted translation of the Bobruisk Yizkor Book. ... in other words, we need volunteers to help type ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)