Given names: Katey
- From: annlinder2009@xxxxxxxxx (Ann Linder)
- Date: 4 Sep 2009 21:49:52 -0700
in a previous post, I asked for possibilities of what the name Katey
in England might have been in the old country..
Perhaps this info might be helpful to others, so I've gathered the
responses I've received to date.
For all of you who responded to my initial post -- thank you so much.
Gitl - Yiddish
Kajleh (pronounced Kayla) - Yiddish
Katarzyna (Katherine) - Polish
Kasia (Kathy) - Polish
Katya (Ekaterina) - Russian
Support JewishGen with a contribution to the JewishGen General Fund!
Sign up for the JGFFAlert!
Join our mailing list at http://lyris.jewishgen.org/ListManager if you
would like the convenience of receiving all soc.genealogy.jewish posts in
your mailbox, instead of having to search for them in the newsgroup, whose
content may not be consistently carried in its entirety by all providers.
- Prev by Date: RE: Finding US citizenship papers at NARA
- Next by Date: Temple Mount Sinai in El Paso or Rabbi Martin Zielonka
- Previous by thread: Kindertransport commemoration train arrives in London from Prague - 4 Sept. 2009
- Next by thread: Temple Mount Sinai in El Paso or Rabbi Martin Zielonka