SEWELSON/SEVELSON in the US
- From: fullmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (margaret fullarton and david mark)
- Date: 20 Sep 2008 07:31:18 -0700
I have written before about our family reunion re SEWELSON/SEVELSON but am making another plea for assistance.
My mother in law (Gertrude nee Sewelson) insists that she had family in Minneapolis but is unsure if it is from her Toff family or her Sewelson or Mark family. I thought perhaps Philadelphia was also a likely bet.
Her cousin, Jules Sevelson, has a nephew and niece in California and Gertie has Toff and Sewelson cousins also in California but it is her father's brother and his family we cannot locate. He would have left Papile or Telz in Lithuania between 1900 and 1925 about the time his brothers went to South Africa and England (1919 and 1911) and he may have changed his name from Shavelovich/Shevelovich to some anglicised form. I have tried all sorts of searches and come up empty and of course he may have died without issue. Ellis Island has thrown up no clues but I keep on trying.
Anyway, you detectives out there may have some clues for me. If not, fine - I do enjoy reading all the stories you have and love the hunt.
Oaklands NSW Australia
TOFF MARK SEWELSON KROPMAN CRAFT ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Support JewishGen with a contribution to the JewishGen General Fund!
Sign up for the JGFFAlert!
Join our mailing list at http://lyris.jewishgen.org/ListManager if you
would like the convenience of receiving all soc.genealogy.jewish posts in
your mailbox, instead of having to search for them in the newsgroup, whose
content may not be consistently carried in its entirety by all providers.
- Prev by Date: Re: Determine name of ship -- arrival July 1, 1884, New York
- Next by Date: Beau Sharbrough to Speak at JGS Broward County, Florida Meeting
- Previous by thread: trying reach someone in israel- Thanks to everyone
- Next by thread: Beau Sharbrough to Speak at JGS Broward County, Florida Meeting