books on genealogy
- From: c.tallan@xxxxxxxxxxx (Cheryl Tallan)
- Date: 24 Jul 2007 12:27:19 -0700
Come to the
27th IAJGS International Conference
on Jewish Genealogy
Salt Lake City July 15-20, 2007 www.slc2007.org
Could someone suggest some good books to read on Jewish genealogy for somebody just starting out in the area? She would be interested in both books on genealogical method and also on information on the history of the Jews of eastern Europe, especially Poland and the Ukraine.
MODERATOR NOTE: As is often the case, JewishGen's InfoFiles provide a good
place to start. Go to http://www.jewishgen.org/InfoFiles/ and click on Books & Periodicals. Some of the books mentioned in the "Basic Jewish genealogy bibliography" have more recent editions, but this file remains a
good general guide.
Sender: "Cheryl Tallan" <c.tallan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Thinking of visiting your ancestral shtetls?
Let JewishGen ShtetlSchleppers® take you there!
Sign up for the JGFFAlert!
Join our mailing list at http://lyris.jewishgen.org/listmanager if you
would like the convenience of receiving all soc.genealogy.jewish posts in
your mailbox, instead of having to search for them in the newsgroup, whose
go to < http://lyris.jewishgen.org/ListManager >.
- Prev by Date: KLEINER looking for Tarnobrzeg
- Next by Date: Free Obituary Lookups anywhere - Not Necessarily
- Previous by thread: KLEINER looking for Tarnobrzeg
- Next by thread: Free Obituary Lookups anywhere - Not Necessarily