Assemblee of Notables and Grand Sanhedrin of Napoleon
- From: asso@xxxxxxxxxx (Micheline Gutmann)
- Date: 25 Jun 2007 16:18:33 -0700
Come to the
27th IAJGS International Conference
on Jewish Genealogy
Salt Lake City July 15-20, 2007 www.slc2007.org
Most of the time foreign people don't do the difference between the
Assemblee des Notables (110 notables) called by Napoleon which began in
and the Grand Sanhedrin of 71 members (45 rabbis) which took place on
8th 1807 and ended one month later and had to ratify the decisions.
Some members were present in both assemblies.
The two lists of members can be found on GenAmi website.
Abram TEDESCO was a member of the Assemblee des Notables.
As for Cela Male question, I'll answer her directly.
site GenAmi www.genami.org
Sender: "Micheline Gutmann" <asso@xxxxxxxxxx>
Thinking of visiting your ancestral shtetls?
Let JewishGen ShtetlSchleppers® take you there!
Sign up for the JGFFAlert!
Join our mailing list at http://lyris.jewishgen.org/listmanager if you
would like the convenience of receiving all soc.genealogy.jewish posts in
your mailbox, instead of having to search for them in the newsgroup, whose
go to < http://lyris.jewishgen.org/ListManager >.
- Prev by Date: Identification of photos OHAYON/DURAN/BARTLETT/BENSILUM/CORCOS
- Next by Date: German and Polish Citizenship
- Previous by thread: Identification of photos OHAYON/DURAN/BARTLETT/BENSILUM/CORCOS
- Next by thread: German and Polish Citizenship