Does BENGELSDORF = GREENBERG?
- From: Genealogist@xxxxxxx (Mimi Katz)
- Date: 4 Apr 2007 09:25:22 -0700
Come to the
27th IAJGS International Conference
on Jewish Genealogy
Salt Lake City July 15-20, 2007 www.slc2007.org
Can someone, well versed in surnames (aka Michael Bernet!) please tell me if
you see any connection between the names BENGELSDORF and GREENBERG? I know
that both "dorf" and "berg" mean "town". I'm trying to figure out why the
name was changed so drastically after arriving in the US from Poland.
Thanks for your help and chag sameach to all!
Mimi Katz, Chicago
Sender: "Mimi Katz" <Genealogist@xxxxxxx>
Thinking of visiting your ancestral shtetls?
Let JewishGen ShtetlSchleppers® take you there!
Sign up for the JGFFAlert!
Join our mailing list at http://lyris.jewishgen.org/listmanager if you
would like the convenience of receiving all soc.genealogy.jewish posts in
your mailbox, instead of having to search for them in the newsgroup, whose
go to < http://lyris.jewishgen.org/ListManager >.
- Prev by Date: info wanted about Uzbekistan archive/s
- Next by Date: Poland SIG's
- Previous by thread: info wanted about Uzbekistan archive/s
- Next by thread: RE: Does BENGELSDORF = GREENBERG?