Yizkor Book Project report for August 2006

Thinking of visiting your ancestral shtetls?
Let JewishGen ShtetlSchleppers® take you there!
http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSchleppers/
For the month of August 2006 we put online three new items, three new entries, and nine updates. All translations are accessible at http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/translations.html and flags have been added to all material added in August. Translations are grouped under four categories at the above index page.

New items:

-Iasi, Romania: Contributions to the History of Jews in Iasi. Entire book is online.
-Lutsk, Ukraine: Memorial Book of Lutsk. Two articles translated by Yiddish scholar Leonard Prager.
-Natzweiler Medical Experiments. http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/Natzweiler/Natzweiler.html. See under "Miscellanous."

New entries:

-Czchow, Poland: Pinkas HaKehillot Polin, vol. III
-Domaradz, Poland: Pinkas HaKehillot Polin, vol. III
-Osiek Janielski, Poland: Pinkas HaKehillot Polin, vol. III

Updates:

-Bukowina: "The Choral Society Hasamir in Czernowitz," Geschichte der Juden in der Bukowina, vol. II, pp. 179-180.
-Dembitz, Poland
-Lanovtsy, Ukraine
-Przemysl, Poland
-Radzyn Podlaski. Poland
-Ryki, Poland (Polish translation). See under "Other languages."
-Slutsk, Belarus
-Sosnowiec, Poland
-The Terrible Choice: three new biographies: Alfred Nossig, Elchanan Elkes, Mordecai Tenenbaum. http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/terrible_choice/terrible_choice.html. See under "Miscellaneous."

We would like to thank the New York Public Library, Dorot Division, for assisting us by making copies of the Pinkas HaKehillot chapters for our translators.

Please consider making a donation to the Yizkor Book projects listed at http://www.jewishgen.org/JewishGen-erosity/v_projectslist.asp?project_cat=23 which need financial support to be translated. If you would like to donate the funds to have a chapter from a Pinkas HaKehillot volume translated by a professional translator, please contact Joyce Field.

Joyce Field
JewishGen VP, Data Acquisition
---
Sender: Joyce Field <jfield@xxxxxxxx>
would like the convenience of receiving all soc.genealogy.jewish posts in
your mailbox, instead of having to search for them in the newsgroup, whose
go to < http://lyris.jewishgen.org/ListManager >.

  • Yizkor Book Monthly Report for October 2005
    ... During the month of October 2005 we updated 10 yizkor books and posted four new entries. ... -Dabrowa Gornicza, Poland -Holocaust in Belarus ... We are always eager to receive new translations. ... Please consider translating a chapter from a Pinkas HaKehillot volume or engaging someone to translate it. ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • Requesting Translation please -- Polish and Russian
    ... I would like translations of these documents that I posted on Viewmate. ... events occurred in Poland but the documents may be in either Russian or Polish. ... Please reply privately or on the ViewMate response form. ... on Jewish Genealogy ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • Yizkor Book Report for December 2005
    ... Through this site you can also link to the Yizkor Book Database and also donate money to fund various translation projects and purchase a memorial plaque. ... -Jasienica Rosielna, Poland: Pinkas HaKehillot Poland, volume 3 -Kezmarok, Slovakia: Pinkas HaKehillot Slovakia ... Thanks are due to the translators who donate their translations, the project coordinators who coordinate the details of getting material translated and submitting it to us, and to the wonderful Yizkor Book Team, who work tirelessly to get translations htmled and online rapidly. ... More can be accomplished if we receive additional financial donations for projects and additional donations to JewishGen's General Fund, which provides the infrastructure for all services. ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • cemetery translation
    ... on Jewish Genealogy ... translations of the Jewish cemetery of Vishki requested. ... Here is buried the prodigy, the rabbi Abraham Abba ... KATZ (Pultusk, Poland), WAJSTUCH, NUSYNOWICZ ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)
  • ViewMate translation request - Polish
    ... translations. ... Marriage record for Abram Lajzer MUSZKATBLAT, Warsaw, Poland ... This image was supposed to be of AKT 18, the marriage record of Lewek or Lejbus ... Please respond via the form provided in the ViewMate application. ...
    (soc.genealogy.jewish)