Re: help in finding information from a no longer operating sanatorium in Massachuset

Thinking of visiting your ancestral shtetls?
Let JewishGen ShtetlSchleppers® take you there!
"Jenni Hymoff Koeppel" <jhymoff@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
> Hello to all, I would greatly appreciate advice from anyone who can help
> me: according to the 1910 census my ggf (or someone named exactly the
> same) was a patient at Rutland State Sanatorium - I would like to find out
> why he was there and for how long. The institution no longer exists and
> I wonder where the records might be and how to obtain a copy or a synopsis
> of them. gives a historical overview
which says that Rutland State Sanatorium was founded as the first public
hospital for tubercular patients in the nation.

See for the paragraph
concerning the records of State Institutions.

archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is the email address. Other contacts are given at

Nick Landau
London, UK

COHNREICH (Anklam, Germany Krajenka, Poland) ATLAS (Wielkie Oczy (near
Lvov/Lemberg), Poland)
WECHSLER(Schwabach, Germany) KOHN (Wallerstein and Kleinerdlingen,Germany)
LANDAU/FREDKIN(Gomel, Mogilev, Belarus)
Sender: other.ea.ibs-infra@xxxxxx
Sign up for the JGFFAlert!
Join our mailing list at if you
would like the convenience of receiving all soc.genealogy.jewish posts in
your mailbox, instead of having to search for them in the newsgroup, whose
go to < >.