- From: graceolivo@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:27:16 +0000 (UTC)
What are the surnames that you are researching?
The Mormon Church [LDS] has microfilmed civil [and some church] records for all of Basilicata [where Vaglio is] and Bari Province. You can rent the films and do your research that way. Go to www.familysearch.org to both find your closest Family History Center and also what films are available.
You may want to also go to www.yahoogroups.com and join the Basilicata and Bari groups. I belong to both, and I know there are people with ancestry in Vaglio there who might be able to help you. Do you know the town in Bari province that your ancestor was from?
Grace Lancieri Olivo
Editor, Comunes of Italy Magazine
-------------- Original message ----------------------
From: "Mary & Bob Oberg" <2obergs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi, I am new to this list serve
I just found out that my ancestor was from
Vaglio, Potenza, Italy. and then I have great grandmother who came from Bari,
Italy. I am not sure how to proceed to go back and find further ancestors.
- Prev by Date: Looking for SLEJKO or GOMISCEK families in Goricia
- Next by Date: FRASCO, Nicola, born 1890 in Italy (somewhere?)
- Previous by thread: Re: Italy
- Next by thread: Looking for SLEJKO or GOMISCEK families in Goricia