Re: Dane in german army II WW

Thank you, I will look into these new leads you provided.

"phom" <p.hombach@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> It is not very likely that he served directly in the Wehrmacht (German
> army). You should probably find out whether he joined as a volunteer the
> Frikorps Danmark. They wore German uniforms, but had on their uniform
> insignia that they were in a Danish unit. You may find some information at
> http://www.frikorps-danmark.dk/
> Sorry if I lead here to a neo-Nazi site - my Danish is very rudimentary,
> and I was not able to read the content.
> The Frikorps eventually merged into the Waffen-SS.
> Quite some time after the Frikorps was formed, a Danish Wehrmacht division
> was established, named Nordland, under the command of Christian Friedrich
> von Schallburg ("Schallburg Division").
> You perhaps should first find out in which of these two different branches
> of the German military your grandfather served. The Schallburg division
> served at the Russian front, from what I know, and a great many of them
> perished, as did the Germans serving at that front.
>
> Peter in Canada

  • Re: Dane in german army II WW
    ... You should probably find out whether he joined as a volunteer the Frikorps Danmark. ... They wore German uniforms, but had on their uniform insignia that they were in a Danish unit. ... Quite some time after the Frikorps was formed, a Danish Wehrmacht division was established, named Nordland, under the command of Christian Friedrich von Schallburg. ...
    (soc.genealogy.german)
  • Re: can anyone offer Lisp job?
    ... it was a German issue of Scientific American) about an experiment, which leads to the conclusion that if you get less income, you are less motivated and you don't think it is worth to do as much as you can for the job. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: which guitar for a beginner?
    ... Your english is fine, much better than my German;-) ... but the link you provide leads to some technical firm and ... Gerard ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: which guitar for a beginner?
    ... Your english is fine, much better than my German;-) ... but the link you provide leads to some technical firm ... Perhaps it was my poor German after all! ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Hilters downfall - when did it start?
    ... I was not out to imply that any battleships or submarines ... "Wehrmacht" means the German army is a common beginner's mistake. ... Am I to understand that the defeat at Stalingrad was not the single most ...
    (soc.history.war.world-war-ii)