Re: Data Migration fiasco

Robert Riches wrote:
Data CDs and DVDs for backup purposes are very easy to verify.
... Or, mount the CD/DVD and do 'diff -r' between the original
data and the disc.

That assumes you're using a real operating system!

--
Ian

The Hotmail address is my spam-bin. Real mail address is iang
at austonley org uk

  • Re: Music for genealogists
    ... Oh, Dearnley, who can the mater be? ... The Hotmail address is my spam-bin. ... Real mail address is iang ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Genforums broken
    ... The Hotmail address is my spam-bin. ... Real mail address is iang ...
    (soc.genealogy.computing)
  • Re: Who Do You Think You Are Live 2010
    ... Would she now spin in her lonely grave? ... The Hotmail address is my spam-bin. ... Real mail address is iang ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: where is everyone?
    ... Traffic seems to be working but subdued on news servers & the mail list. ... The Hotmail address is my spam-bin. ... Real mail address is iang ...
    (soc.genealogy.medieval)
  • cannot find server
    ... any web site, including yahoo, hotmail, google, etc.. ... 2000 disc to see if it uploads, however I don't have that disc. ... Does this problem sound like a browser problem, a Windows problem? ...