Newbie questions about web page display

I'm comfortable with GEDCOM, and also with HTML/CSS, but not how best
to combine them to display a genealogical chart on the web. I need
some general advice on the display of a small (3 or 4 generation)
descendant chart on a web page.

I always avoid tables in HTML/CSS unless the data is clearly
tabular. Do most people consider a descendant or ascendant chart to be
tabular data and so use for it a table styled in CSS? If you use
instead prefer boxes styled with CSS, why?

How much data is best to include with each name in such a chart?

I'd appreciate being pointed to what you consider examples of
beautiful simple descentant or ascendant charts on line so that I have
some notion of the ideal appearance toward which I should strive.

--

Haines Brown, KB1GRM

  • Re: More CChildFrame questions
    ... I do not deny usability of anything, but have I have tried to design my ... you have confused data with computation with display and lumped ... The code to calculate graph chart points is in the chart classes. ... confusing computation of results and displays of results. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Charting Question
    ... I want to change the displayed lines on the chart. ... "Duane Hookom" wrote: ... as the SQL property of a saved query. ... the data you want to display ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)
  • Re: Gantt Chart
    ... a chart on standard workweeks, Monday through Friday, and to label ... Now all this is displayed on one sheet but then actually calculated ... For instance, on my main sheet, I display the ... Thanks again go to Jon Peltier who has almost ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • Re: PictureBox Scale Confusion
    ... extrapolate the actual data merely by examining the drawn line. ... point that he clicked on the displayed chart. ... data are drawn only into the "display" copy of the chart. ... colour value with that specific data element in your main data. ...
  • Re: PictureBox Scale Confusion
    ... Whatever you do you need to maintain the actual data that each plotted line or other drawn chart element represents because the lines themselves are only an approximation of the data due to the "whole pixel" limitation of anything you draw on the screen and you cannot therefore accurately extrapolate the actual data merely by examining the drawn line. ... Any background stuff and any foreground grids that might overlay the actual chart data are drawn only into the "display" copy of the chart. ... For each element of your drawing you select a unique colour value for the background) and you associate that specific colour value with that specific data element in your main data. ...