Re: Web Page access

Mrs Julie Goucher wrote:

"DaKar" <dakar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1922199.7ik5CdpL53@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Julie Goucher wrote:

This isn't a genealogy specific computer issue, but I wonder if anyone can
help me.

I am using IE and having trouble seeing a particular web page.
The URL is www.bookcrossing.com
Others on the BC mailing list at Yahoo can access the page fine.
The trouble started about three weeks ago, when I find access
is nigh on impossible.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be the problem,
and how I can rectify the situation.

> It has a lot of javascript you haven't turned that off have you ?

No, I've just checked, and the boxes are ticked.

Julie

Then use this site to make sure this working.
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
Scroll to the right there and do a Verify. If it won't verify, then do the
download, install, & verify and then try your website again.

HTH
Bob

  • Re: Web Page access
    ... Julie Goucher wrote: ... I am using IE and having trouble seeing a particular web page. ... and how I can rectify the situation. ... No, I've just checked, and the boxes are ticked. ...
    (soc.genealogy.computing)
  • Re: Web Page access
    ... I am using IE and having trouble seeing a particular web page. ... Scroll to the right there and do a Verify. ... could resolve potential javascript issues. ... One of...but certainly not the only reason for doing so. ...
    (soc.genealogy.computing)
  • Re: Web Page access
    ... I am using IE and having trouble seeing a particular web page. ... Scroll to the right there and do a Verify. ... could resolve potential javascript issues. ... I've always understood that offering solutions ...
    (soc.genealogy.computing)
  • Re: Web Page access
    ... I am using IE and having trouble seeing a particular web page. ... Scroll to the right there and do a Verify. ... was one of the purposes in posting. ... One of...but certainly not the only reason for doing so. ...
    (soc.genealogy.computing)
  • Re: Web Page access
    ... On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 07:58:42 GMT, Julie Goucher wrote: ... I am using IE and having trouble seeing a particular web page. ... My anti virus is AVG and I have it ... BookCrossing URL to my accept list, but this has made no change. ...
    (soc.genealogy.computing)