Sometime ancestors mistakes ARE helpful

Dear all,

In the 1911 census Ralph Jacob Whipp filled in the place of birth with
precise addresses for all the family. I can see that older children were
born at 3 addresses in Edale Road Deptford and the last 2 at the census
address.

He also provided everyone's full names and wrote the whole thing in very
nice, clear, copperplate. No bad for a maker of packing cases!

I wish all my relatives had done the same. It would help me to find the
birth of an auntie who was born just before the census, and is shown there
with her parents on a canal boat, but does not appear in the registers at
the census place or in any of the other places they lived.

DaveT
In Sunny South Yorkshire

.