Sometime ancestors mistakes ARE helpful

Dear all,

In the 1911 census Ralph Jacob Whipp filled in the place of birth with
precise addresses for all the family. I can see that older children were
born at 3 addresses in Edale Road Deptford and the last 2 at the census
address.

He also provided everyone's full names and wrote the whole thing in very
nice, clear, copperplate. No bad for a maker of packing cases!

I wish all my relatives had done the same. It would help me to find the
birth of an auntie who was born just before the census, and is shown there
with her parents on a canal boat, but does not appear in the registers at
the census place or in any of the other places they lived.

DaveT
In Sunny South Yorkshire

  • Re: Hugh Douglas born c 1853 Scotland
    ... If your JHD was born before 1 January 1855, it's possible that his birth was ... census age: 2, residence Harrington, Cumberland, England with his ... father Hugh Douglas; ... Birth abt 1853 Scotland ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Cluer/Clewer 1851 Census
    ... Subject: Cluer/Clewer 1851 Census ... >> I am having a problem reading the birth place for my gg grandfather George ... >> born Scotland, children are Elizabeth age 3 born Poplar, Harriet age 2 ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Hello all (Renia)
    ... I understand what you are saying and the census for Andrew is the exact ... same one that I have for him, but the place of birth for his parent do ... But the death certificate that I have for Andrew is not from the web, ... Missouri, when she was born in Arkansas, but she was adopted. ...
    (soc.genealogy.ireland)
  • Re: Information af Fred. Justesen, 2047 Carmel Avenue, Racine, WI
    ... The 1930 census records indicate that Fred was naturalized. ... The naturalization application will probably provide the birth info ... County, Wisconsin, a volunteer may be able to find the application ... Fred, born Feb. 1864, immigrated in 1889 and was a rubber worker. ...
    (soc.genealogy.nordic)
  • Re: Ancestry site - what am I allowed to access?
    ... >birth and marriage certificates, etc., otherwise how do you know ... So my first step online was to search the census records. ... marriage and death certificates and census returns are known ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)