Alan Titchmarsh Show and genealogy
- From: roy.stockdill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 21:08:46 -0000
Did anyone see the Alan Titchmarsh show on ITV yesterday afternoon?
The show is apparently sponsored by GenesReunited and he did a family history spot with
some woman called Miriam Silverman. I thought I knew everybody in genealogy in the UK
but, honestly, I'd never heard of her! She offered a few trite observations about how to
research your family history which any of us could have done.
Really, this is not sour grapes - she's much prettier than me to start with, but who isn't? - but I
can't help wondering where television gets these people from. I can think of at least two
dozen people who would have made a better fist of it and been more authoritative. Then
there was some chap who apparently appears on The Antiques Road Show telling someone
what their family heirlooms meant. Really, the whole thing was rather trite and meaningless.
Who Do You Think You Are? it was not. Whinge over!
Genealogical researcher, writer & lecturer
Newbies' Guide to Genealogy & Family History: www.genuki.org.uk/gs/Newbie.html
"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about,
and that is not being talked about."
- Prev by Date: Re: Euphemia Allan (Allen), b Scotland Circa 1816
- Next by Date: Re: Euphemia Allan (Allen), b Scotland Circa 1816
- Previous by thread: Family Search
- Next by thread: Re: Alan Titchmarsh Show and genealogy