Re: What on earth is a Faulker?

Drapery Traveller, in other words a travelling salesman.

Naomi W

"Noreen" wrote in message news:DgQLq.1006$v14.412@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In FMP Reference RG14PN32097 RG78PN1845 RD588 SD2 ED30 SN264
I am finding it really difficult to read Frank Luke's occupation. On the
transcript it reads as Drapery Faulker!! I can find nothing in our
dictionary or on Google for the word Faulker. I have tried magnifying the
words in the original of the census for that family but cannot decide what
it says.

In 1901 his occupation is shown as Clothier & Jeweller, so Drapery &
Clothier make sense but maybe one of you wonderful people can help me
translate the 'Faulker' word.

In 1911 the family are living at 43 Pontypridd Street, Cardiff.

Many thanks for any help that I may receive,

Noreen

  • Re: What on earth is a Faulker?
    ... dictionary or on Google for the word Faulker. ... In 1901 his occupation is shown as Clothier& Jeweller, so Drapery& ... anne dot chambers at bigpond dot com ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: What on earth is a Faulker?
    ... My guess is still "Drapery Hawker" ... I am finding it really difficult to read Frank Luke's occupation. ... dictionary or on Google for the word Faulker. ... The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Frank Lukes Occupation 1911
    ... Without looking my guess would be "Drapery Hawker" ... I can find nothing in our dictionary or on Google for the word Faulker. ... In 1901 his occupation is shown as Clothier & Jeweller, so Drapery & Clothier make sense but maybe one of you wonderful people can help me translate the 'Faulker' word. ... The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. ...
    (soc.genealogy.computing)
  • Re: What on earth is a Faulker?
    ... My guess is still "Drapery Hawker" ... dictionary or on Google for the word Faulker. ... Clothier make sense but maybe one of you wonderful people can help me ... The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)