Re: Maiden name Brickwall

Colin Liddell wrote:
Thank you Jenny, so far I have not found the marriage of Charles and Mary. I do have the marriage of Edward
HARNEY and Jemima FRANKLIN and in that she says her father was a Miner but when she was baptised he was a
Butcher.
Would the Marriage note if her father was deceased? There is no mention in this case.

I've just looked at the marriage entry and, IMO, it says father Chas
Franklin dead, not miner...there's definitely a 'd' at the end of the word.

For those with an Ancestry sub,
http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?htx=View&r=5538&dbid=1623&iid=31280_195017-00507&fn=Jemima&ln=Franklin&st=d&ssrc=&pid=5926959

There is this possibility in the LMA London burials database (which would negate the theory that he married first Ann, then Mary)
Charles Franklin abt 1792 12 Jan 1817 Islington St Mary Islington
The address is Queen Street, not Cumberland Row however

--
Anne Chambers
South Australia

anne dot chambers at bigpond dot com

  • Re: Maiden name Brickwall
    ... HARNEY and Jemima FRANKLIN and in that she says her father was a Miner but when she was baptised he was a ... Butcher. ... Would the Marriage note if her father was deceased? ... I've just looked at the marriage entry and, IMO, it says father Chas ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: How old did a girl have to be to get married (without parental consent) in 1907?
    ... On her marriage certificate, she gave her age at 21 and ... actually William Attwood Forkes" (Joseph Enoch Milliard Forks was actually ... gave the wrong name for her father just in case anyone checked ... anne dot chambers at bigpond dot com ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Fauvel unfrocked
    ... Sacha wrote: ... my father's Valpy family was well-researched by his father. ... Nobody seems ... anne dot chambers at bigpond dot com ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Annoying relatives
    ... one was named for the owner of the quarry their father and his ... brothers worked in (presumable a godfather), one was named for the local ... medic (and the next sister was named for the local midwife), ... anne dot chambers at bigpond dot com ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Social history question (1840s)
    ... They married in London by licence four years later, evidently when the father returned, with the consent of her father as she was still a minor. ... The son was baptised in 1825 with the first legitimate child, both under the husband's surname. ... anne dot chambers at bigpond dot com ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)