Re: James Neave (no, not hopes up)

Oops - please ignore, this was supposed to be a private email to my brother!

In message <WhOF1wgGJIQOFwi6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "J. P. Gilliver (John)" <G6JPG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Reference number 38 in your old numbering system.

I have "Birth date 1802/3 according to (several) census returns and age on tombstone ()." Do you have a photograph of said tombstone? (Presumably from when we visited Barton Turf!)

I've asked in soc.genealogy.britain, and someone's found me some details of birth and christening (to Robert Neave and Ruth Jones) in Smallburgh, which is only 2.7 miles from BT; however, I still don't think I can dismiss the one I'd already found to Jacob Neave and Ann Beck in Catfield (all are 1802), as that's 6.3 miles away, still plausible. (Two censuses actually give his POB as Barton/Barton Turf itself.) Also, all are from IGI, which is of course a dubious source.

Among James' 12 children (that we know of) is a Robert (the one we're descended from, in fact) but no Ruth, and an Ann but no Jacob, so no help there!

[I occasionally poke at this branch of our tree, as it's the one you've said you'd like to be able to progress further, and the one that goes least far back.]

Rgds, bro

--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar@T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

"That was a great speech. Every thinking American will vote for you."
"That's not enough. I need a majority." - Mo Udall

  • James Neave (no, not hopes up)
    ... I have "Birth date 1802/3 according to census returns and age on tombstone." ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: =?windows-1252?Q?LSQG=99_-_Wednesday=2C_6/15/MMXI_=23?=
    ... seperated from him at birth by only 22 years, 2,500 miles, ... and an entirely different set of parents. ... clue. ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: Hacking problems
    ... I knew her from her birth [well 10 minutes ... We had walked miles and miles and miles before she was ever ridden ... little people and big scared parents at lesson time. ... She would have made a cracking police horse. ...
    (uk.rec.equestrian)
  • Re: Bujold note
    ... In any other aristocracy other than Barrayar he ... would be a admiral with his birth right. ... Besides, unlike Miles, I'll bet Ivan managed to get his blue tabs without ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Sorting an Access report by month
    ... The table contains First Name, Last name, email address, birth month, a check ... box for living with in 100 miles, and a check box for being a club member. ... I have the report sorting by birth month then a second sort by ... "Gina Whipp" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)