Re: surety Level

On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 12:47:05 +0200, Steve Hayes
<hayesstw@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So "Probable conclusion" is that the Ann Growden in 1880 was the widow Perry,
and that the "Percy" in FamilySearch 1880 census is probably a
mistranscription.

Looking at the original images at Ancestry, it is. The second r in
John Perry's name is unclear in it's formation, but I'd say that the
double r in Jacob Perry's name is quite clear.

hth,
-Ron

  • Re: Post your Recipes - with step by step photos
    ... I'm heavily into genealogy waiting eons for images to ... The availabilty of the 1911 census online is wonderful but it is ... Lots of libraries in the U.S. have access to Heritage Quest. ... find the download many times faster than ancestry. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Youre a *what* ???
    ... Especially when making comparisons with Ancestry ... Scotland, the National Archives of Scotland and the ... obtained images of the original entries, many of these, in the Ancestry database, had transcription errors. ... Census Records ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: FamilySearch.org now has wiki, forums
    ... The objection is not to the LDS doing it -- the objection is to ... There are, however, lots of other reasons why duplication is a good ... An example of that lies with the US Census records. ... In the meantime Ancestry decided they could pay folks to transcribe ...
    (soc.genealogy.methods)
  • Re: FreeBMD and Ancestry
    ... It doesn't matter a damn if you are the best and most accurate transcriber in the world, or the worst, the fact is that transcription errors occur but are not screened out by Ancestry in any form of editing process. ... In this, the 1841-1891 census are self-verifying sources, if we are lucky enough to find an individual on some or all of them. ... about short-term profits based on dodgy deals and amorality. ... If you can prove Ancestry.com operates on dodgy deals and amorality, ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: ancestry.co.uk alternatives?
    ... It's a while since I've used Ancestry, ... you select Lancashire census for any single year. ... Developing web sites that disable the functionality of links changing ... BMD lookups I've done, ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)